Friday 18 May 2012

Kim's Kreative Kreations

Hello friends... It's Tenia here today,,, This week we're spotlighting a super sweet, kind and super duper talented lady!!!! I just adore her Clean and Fresh style!!! Please help us all welcome Colorado's very own....Kim Singdahlsen!!!!!
 
Name: Kim Singdahlsen
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
I am a former actuary (the mathematics of insurance!) but now I spend my time taking care of my household and of boys.  I have two very active sons, along with my husband, who keep me busy with sports, music , church activities and playing in our Colorado mountains.  My other creative outlet is involvement in our church music program including playing piano at our services.  

2. When and how did you start cardmaking?
I started cardmaking as a reprieve from my life of mathematics and boys!  I love having some time each day to be surrounded by colors and glitter and fun images.  I started about a decade ago with some quick lessons in a friend’s basement…little did we know where it would lead! 

3. What inspires you to create? 
I am mainly inspired by other crafters.  It’s not uncommon for me to ignore a stamp set, then see how someone else uses it, then I have to buy it.  I don’t necessarily copy their card, but just seeing what someone else creates with a product is enough to get me going. 

4. What is your favorite technique? Why? 
There are many techniques that I have tried and love, but the single thing that I come back to on virtually all of my cards is dry embossing.  I love the incredible variety of embossing folders that are currently available.  A simple embossed component adds such dimension to an otherwise simple card. 

5. Who are your favorite papercrafters at the time? Why? 
Now THIS is a hard question.  I follow over 200 blogs – and those have been carefully selected from amongst a much higher number as I have narrowed it down to those that are my style.  Each and every one of them inspire me.  And many, many of those card creators have become my friends – I am NOT picking from amongst them – I couldn’t narrow it down.  But some of the other papercrafters that consistently take my breath away are:

6. Describe your style. 
I recently heard the term “clean and layered” and I think that’s perfect!  I’m not always simple and I’m definitely not one-layer – but I am always crisp and clean.

7. Are you on any design teams at the time? Have you been published in any magazines? 
I currently serve on the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps design team and on the Dynamic Duos Challenge design team. 

8. What is your favorite thing(s) about creating? 
Glitter in my eyebrows!! 

Beautiful and perfect cards for mass production... I can feel the fresh air with these gorgeous, botanical and rustic creations!!! Thanks Kim for fluttering our crafty hearts and thanks to our friends too for the visit... Enjoy your weekend :) :) 

3 comments:

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Wow! From mathematician to crafty lady! Very talented!

Tenia Nelson said...

Yay!!!! Congrats dearie!!!!

Hussena said...

Wow Kim is such a talented lady...her work is so beautiful!!! And it's so nice to get to know a little bit about her as well!!a mathematician to a crafter..truly impressive!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)